You may be eligible for a Transport Scotland e-bike Loan – a Low Carbon Incentive Program.
The e-bike loan is funded by Transport Scotland and can help you purchase a new electric bike. For instance, family, cargo and adapted cycles.
On the whole the popularity of pedal assisted electric bikes, or e-bikes for short, has been growing year on year. Additionally, they are a good alternative to a normal bike. Especially if your route includes hills, is more than five miles long as well as if you need an extra boost on the road.
If you are considering purchasing an e-bike, an exciting funding opportunity is available in Scotland through Energy Saving Trust. The Transport Scotland e-bike Loan offers an interest-free loan for individuals, repayable over four years. For example, it can be used for:
2 x ebikes capped at £3,000 each
1 x family cargo bike capped at £6,000
1 x adapted cycle (value assessed on a case-by-case basis)
With the exception of an initial deposit, applicants must not make any other payment towards the purchase of the e-bike(s) before receiving a loan offer under this programme as funding is not provided retrospectively.
The purchased e-bike must comply with the UK Government’s eligibility criteria for Scotland.
How To Apply?
For more information and to make an application, please call Home Energy Scotland on freephone 0808 808 2282.
Energy Saving Trust is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This loan is subject to availability and terms and conditions apply.
Alternatively, visit the Home Energy Scotland website via the button below for more information.
- The e-bike loan is available for up to £6,000 per person.
- It is an interest-free loan with no administrative fees.
- The repayment period is four years.
- Excluding a deposit contribution, applicants must not make any other payment towards the e-bike before receiving a written offer of a loan from Energy Saving Trust.
- The loan cannot be applied for retrospectively, i.e. after the e-bike has been paid for in full.
- Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis all year round subject to the availability of loan funds. Therefore they reserve the right to suspend or reject.
- Applications in consultation with Transport Scotland on the grounds that there are insufficient funds available in any financial year to provide loans to all applicants.
- Applications are subject to credit and affordability checks.
- The scheme is funded by Transport Scotland and administered by Energy Saving Trust, Second Floor, Ocean Point 1, 94 Ocean Drive, Edinburgh, EH6 6JH.